The Alumni Association of Biotechnology, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur exists since 2010. It has registered under the Firm and Societies, Govt. of Chhattisgarh, Raipur, dated on 05/05/2014, and Registration no. 29709. More than 200 members have joined the association and 170 members have been registered in the association as Life members. Alumni association significantly contributes in the progression of this School by frequently organizing academic programs and providing financial support to a comprehensive array of initiatives for students, as well as members of the association. Above programs are incepted in view to strengthen bonding between students and alumni, and among alumni of this School. The institute has had many notable alumni who went on to spread their wings and reach new heights after successfully completing their academic years both in private as well as government sectors.
The main objectives of the society are:
- Raising awareness towards research, and development among students/members. Alumni Association most of the time provides financial assistance to this School during organization of conferences, seminars, etc. In addition, donated an acrylic made attractive signboard to this School which has been fixed at the entry of this School.
- Encourage plantation and protection of medicinal plants. A good number of medicinal, aromatic and economically important plants have been planted by different alumni of this School on the occasion of World Environment Day, etc.
- Emphasize on higher education and biotechnology to promote social and economic development in rural areas by building capacity and knowledge in populace, helping them to make informed decisions about their farms and to innovate in agricultural affairs.
- Organize superstition abolition camp.
- Timely organization of subject related awareness programme.
In these ways, the Alumni Association contributes in progression of the School and sincerely attempts to improve the academic environment. It has played a pivotal role in shaping and preserving a long lasting relationship between the former and existing students of the School, and among this School and society.